Have you ever put yourself at risk in the pursuit of your passion? My guest today has worked in one of Rio’s most dangerous favelas to help at-risk youth through soccer, his name is Joe Hewitt. He is the CEO and founder of The Sports Creative: a non-profit, creating sports programs and partnerships around the world for at-risk youth. Through his work, he has seen the devastating effects that homelessness brings to people, which led him to discover his unique purpose.
In this incredible conversation, you will learn:
- Why slowing-down can be beneficial in discovering your passions
- What inspired Joe to start his own non-profit
- How-to rediscover your passions
- The challenges involved in starting your own organization
- How Joe discovered his passion for helping at-risk youth
Joe can inspire us all to see how the benefits of pursuing his passion outweigh the risks he takes in doing so.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK JOE:
- When did your passion find a purpose?
- Have you ever wanted to give up on your passion?
- What is it like to put yourself at risk to help others?
LINKS FROM THE INTERVIEW:
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Who was your inspiration for following Passion & Purpose?
Thanks so much for listening!